Thursday, January 18, 2007

Google AJAX Search API

I'm not totally sure what to make of this one, but it sounds interesting. It seems that Google has created a search function that allows you to insert a Google search area into your site in a custom way. One of the most practical seems to be that it would allow you to use Google to search your site.

One of the really intriguing ones is the blog comments search API. You can add a small Google search area next to a blog comment area, and then the results can be added to the end of the comment as "clippings." Sounds like a great idea for educational purposes. I would like to see something like that for discussion posts, too. That way, you can quickly find results to back up your posts in an academic settings.

I haven't fully dug into these ideas yet, but they sound interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A site I frequent (www.photo.net) has used this feature for a while I think.