Friday, May 18, 2007

iPhone is Just Around the Corner



And I am pretty excited. I can't afford one, but it is still awesome.

But - I can't really gripe about the price. $500 seems a lot for a Smart Phone, but I don't think most people should see the iPhone as a Smart Phone. Smart Phones tend to have some lite version of an OS installed - Palm OS, or Windows for Mobiles, or whatever. This severally limits their functionality.

The iPhone will have a full version of OS X installed on it - the same version that is on the iMac and the Powerbook. So, the iPhone is not really Apple's version of the Smart phone. It is a PowerBook, an iPod, and a cellphone all wrapped in to one. All for $500. Actually - a pretty good deal.

Not to mention the fact that all of the other smart phones out there usually either sacrifice the mp3 player or the OS. They usually don't do both well.

1 comment:

pimpdaddy said...

That's pretty awesome man. You know, my birthday is in July.....